Sunday, August 26, 2012

Be A Part Of It!! My 2012 Classroom is ready!!

I'm in love with my classroom. I guess it's a good thing since I spend most of my waking hours there! I'm starting my 5th year teaching art (15th overall) and I really feel like this is gonna be my year!  I don't have to be anything I'm not, I've proved that I can do the job, and do it well. Now, I'm gonna have fun!

So here is a sneak peak into my classroom! My theme this year is "Be A Part Of It" using the New York, New York song (Frank Sinatra singing..) and the New York skyline.

When students enter my classroom from the hall, this is what they see first. I have spent countless hours cleaning out years and years worth of accumulated stuff, so I love seeing my empty table and floor space. I still have a ways to go, but I feel like I'm on the downside finally.

As students move into the main classroom, here is what they see first.

The cabinets are on the left as you enter the room. I love the bright colors!! 


The view from my desk.


The view from the back right wall.


The white board and Mona Lisa.


A view of my desk area... eek.  I really need to do something with all of the cords!!

The Assignment Wall. This is the place where students who say, "you never told us...."  are sent!! Sketchbook assignments and project due dates are already posted!!



And a picture of my tables. It says this room is full of artists.. and it says to do your own work, keep your hands to yourself and so forth. And it reminds the students of Mona Lisa! (Mona Lisa is my reminder to students about expectations.. eyes on me, hands still, pleasant face..it's not my original idea, I stole it off an art teacher blog!)



And finally, here is a picture of my SMARTboard in action!! I LOVE that I can make interactive scrapbook pages to teach from! (okay, really it's called Notebook11 for the SMARTboard, but with it I can make a cute scrapbook style page...)

And there you have it.
In case you missed it in all the cuteness, yes, I teach high school art!!
And now I'm off, tomorrow is gonna get here quick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment